Saturday, August 3, 2013

You blew away the $500 goal and a great article that helped it happen!

Praise the Lord!  You guys are the best and the Lord continues to reveal his providential care through your donations.
You have responded above and beyond the $500 matched donation challenge a friend of mine offered to sponsor during my last week in the United States.  In five days, you all donated or pledged to donate another $1500, which puts me only $3500 away from my partnership goal.  Once my friend submits his $500 matching donation, I'll only be $3000 away.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
This entry would be remiss without mentioning the great article written by a graduate school classmate and friend, which helped get the word out about the upcoming mission and bring in the donations, even from college friends that I haven't spoken to in years.  I think Carl did a great job capturing my motivation for going and explaining what I've been told I'll be doing over there.  Here is the link: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/call-to-be-less-selfish-prompts-woman-to-serve-in-rwanda/
3 days from now, I'll be in plane heading to Fidesco training!

No comments:

Post a Comment