Friday, August 9, 2013

Training in Paray-le-Monial

I made it safely to France two days ago.  We have a rare break right now, and the recent learned knowledge of where there is wifi in the village so here I am!
There are 78 Fidesco volunteers here for training.  Most are French, but there are 5 Americans, 3 Portuguese, and a handful of Poles.  We have daily sharing groups formed by mission country regions, which means I have Portuguese, French, and Polish in my group.  We get by mostly with English in the sharing group because the French volunteers are anxious to improve their English for their placements.  The rest of the teachings are either in French with simultaneous translation or a separate English session.  Everyone appears to be very flexible and accepting of the different languages and hiccups in the schedule, which are good attitudes to develop before we go on mission.
Our training is in Paray-le-Monial, which is a small village near Lyon, France.  It is called the City of Jesus' Sacred Heart because Jesus appeared multiple times to a nun in the 1600's and showed his heart to her and spoke about his love for humanity.  It is a very peaceful village with a canal lined with day lilies running through it, small French streets, and old churches.
That's all I can write for now because my battery is about to die and I forgot to bring my plug adapter to the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment